The First Art NFTs on Ethereum
- Curio Cards does NOT have a Telegram group, only the Discord server listed here.
Curio Cards is the First Art NFT project on Ethereum, launched as an online gallery art show on May 9, 2017. Curio used the distributed network Ethereum to create a new model for creation and ownership of digital artwork — a model that allows digital artists to create unique pieces of rare collectible art, get directly paid for their work, and interact with collectors in entirely new ways. Today, this has become an entire field of digital art popularly known as NFTs.
Curio Cards is a collection of digital art numbered from 1 to 30, featuring artwork from seven different artists. Each numbered series has unique artwork and a fixed supply of digital prints, ranging in supply from 111 to 2154 Cards. There are a total of 29.7k Cards, with an estimated 4k currently lost or destroyed. All Curio Cards were created in 2017, and no more can ever be created.
- Purchasing the initial artwork directly from a smart contract
- Embedding the artwork’s IPFS hash (a unique fingerprint used for decentralized storage) into the NFT smart contract
- Using non-divisible tokens with a fixed supply
- Using multiple different tokens in the same collection
- Ownership of a token representing ownership of digital artwork