Protecting Your Cards
Mistakes in crypto are permanent. No one is immune to scams. But a few simple steps, and good common sense, can vastly reduce your risk.
- Curio Cards, OpenSea, MetaMask, Ledger, Trezor, etc will Never ask you for this. No matter how official the request looks, remember impersonation is easy online.
- The Only time a seed phrase is needed is when you decide to recover a wallet. For a hardware wallet, you never need to enter your seed phrase on your computer, only on the hardware device itself!
- Unsure about a request? Join a reputable crypto discord community like The Daily Gwei or Bankless and ask for advice. Ignore private messages; to avoid scams, leave out personal info and keep the conversation public. Give time for lots of people to see and reply. If a request is too urgent for this, it's a scam.
- 3.Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.
- If your wallet is compromised, limit how much can be stolen with a Hot/Cold Wallet setup.
- Hot Wallet - the wallet you use all the time, where you keep funds and NFTs you need quick access to, where you interact with sites. This wallet carries more risk of theft.
- Cold Wallet - where you keep everything else. This wallet is cold because you hardly use it, and is ideally left offline. Only use it to send things too and from the Hot Wallet, never connect it to a service or authorize access for a site/tool.
If you have any questions about what any of these terms or phrases mean, you can always join the Curio Discord and ask. After following all these steps if you want to continue to minimize your risk, ask around and continue to educate yourself on crypto and wallet security.